Are you still unsure whether obtaining a university or college degree is worth it?
My own experience can provide you with convincing reasons why degree is important. My studying at one of the best American universities molded me as a true professional. I earn a decent salary, which is more than I have ever expected that I could earn for living. Due to my educational background, I am able now to travel wherever I want, I can afford numerous things that I want, and I can also support my family.
Without a doubt, a mere fact of owning a degree does not guarantee you a bright future or the prospects of becoming a millionaire. But with enough determination, perseverance, and diligence you can have it all. Thus, I can say without any hesitation that there are numerous reasons to go to college. But not just to attend but graduate from it.
The Main Reasons Why College is Important:
- Provides you with more chances to earn money
- Nowadays, it is not easy to get a well-paid job which does not suck your strengths and energy out. After high school, you will hardly any get good career prospects. Undoubtedly, you can work as a waiter/ waitress or be a shop accountant. But would you like to have such jobs for the rest of your life? With college diploma, you will get more skills that will enable you to apply for better and more lucrative jobs. Moreover, during your studies, you will get the chance to apply for some internship in large business organizations or smaller companies, which will provide you with solid practical experience. Thus, after college, you will get more chances to be financially independent and get a proper job with a worthy salary.
- Opens up career and life opportunities
- There is a vast abundance of jobs for college graduates, where they can get social help. In comparison with high school graduates, college graduates have a more stable working environment and there is less probability of losing a job. According to the statistics, among those high school graduates who refused to go to college, it was estimated that 9.7 million of them ended up unemployed.
- Gives a chance to make new acquaintances
- In college, you will meet a lot of people many of whom will become your good friends. The main difference between high school friends and college friends is that the latter have common interests with you, so you will definitely spend quality time with them.
- You will broaden your horizon
- Without a doubt, first, you will need to get accustomed to the new study workloads. However, later, you will realize that the information and tasks you get in college really broaden your outlook on life. Apart from learning something, you will also know how to apply those skills in real life.
- You will learn how to be independent
- Most probably, when in college, you will live far from home, so you will become more physically, emotionally, and financially independent.
As you see, college offers numerous benefits. Your diploma will bring you the long-wished diploma and invaluable knowledge. Besides, you will make a lot of useful connections with different people, and who knows what awaits you next?