Steps Towards Mastering Original Essay
To succeed in creative writing, a student needs to be open-minded and imaginative as it is important to provide an original essay. Creative essays belong to the category of narrative writing, as a student needs to demonstrate ways of self-expression and investigative ways of thinking. The main peculiarity of creative writing is that it should be written as an original essay and should be devoid of such technicalities as in argumentative or persuasive papers.
How to Define a Creative Essay?
As it was already mentioned, this is a completely original essay that is written without any background research. It overlooks the usual guidelines that are set for more formal essays. In a creative essay, students need to create their own story and make its layout interesting for the readers. Another good thing of an original writing essay is that you are not limited in the choice of topics. You can come up with your own original titles for essays.
Ideas for Writing and Topics
Before writing the main body of the essay, you should take your time and formulate original titles for essays. They play a very important role for your target audience as the way the title sounds may determine whether your audience wants to read the essay further.
Original Writing Essay Pre-Writing Tips
- Come up with original titles for essays. The topic you choose should be interesting for you as to provide a successful essay you should derive pleasure from the process of writing.
- Conduct some research even if the topic is familiar to you. Just gather some key ideas and facts that will help you get a fresh perspective on the topic.
- Carefully plan the paper. Remember the rule of 5 Wh-questions to ask when writing: what, who, where, when, how. Make sure you develop a plot and set the background for your original writing essay.
- Keep a journal where you will jot down any ideas that come to your mind in the process of writing.
- Prepare a rough draft. Do not focus on writing everything perfectly. As it is a draft, just organize the main ideas in chronological order, decide on the setting, and reread from time to time what you have already written.
- When you have your rough draft written, check on the flow of idea, coherence, development of events, chronological order, etc. Make sure the paper is not messy.
- Move onto writing the final draft. Improve the rough draft and structure the ideas in a coherent way.
- Choose an interesting title. Its main purpose is to grab readers’ attention and make them read your essay further. Among the techniques of providing good titles for creative essays are the following:
- Summarizing the story in 2-3 words;
- Using a “flashback”;
- Just mentioning the main idea.
- Design a detailed outline. The structure is the same as in standard essays. Therefore, develop the outline according to the following structure: introductory paragraph, the main body, and conclusion. If your story involves a few characters, make sure to single out them in the outline and identify their relationships and connections. As creative writing develops in form of a story, it should have a turning point that should also be specifically indicated in the outline.
- Come up with a catchy introduction. Set the background or the scene where the story unfolds. Provide as many details for the location/place/time as possible. Make sure the background can be imagined by the reader in the tiniest detail. The introduction is really important as it sets the mood for the writing and the story you are narrating.
- Develop your body paragraphs. The rule regarding paragraph development remains the same: every new idea should be presented from a new paragraph. Moreover, if you change the mood of the story or want to focus readers’ attention on some new aspect or the change of tempo, you also start such parts from the new paragraph. Make sure you provide proper transitions between the ideas and body paragraphs. Make the flow logical and coherent.
- Finish the paper with a conclusion. If there was some secret or a riddle in the story, make sure you provide a resolution. Some writers, on the contrary, leave the story unfinished (aka cliffhanger). Not all readers, however, like to be left in such suspense. Still, it is up to you how to leave readers with a strong impression.
Keep reading about essay writing in “Great Tips to Learn How to Write an Essay” article
- Take a short break and proofread your essay. Thus, make sure you finish the paper in time. Do not postpone creative writing till the last night. Make sure you have enough time to re-read the paper and see whether the layout is comprehensible.
- Check for grammar, punctuation, and spelling errors. When you are writing in a hurry, you may make some mistakes. This is a natural process, actually, so you must ensure you have enough time for proofreading and editing.
- Ask your friend or a group mate for a feedback. It should be a person who can provide you with a constructive feedback and good advice. Still, this step is crucial as you need to know some public opinion whether the paper is readable.
Original Essay Writing Service Is Here to Help You
If you need some help in writing, our original essay writing service can provide a perfect creative essay for you. Not all people have an innate ability or talent for writing. Therefore, if you struggle so much with the process of delivering a quality paper, leave your worries behind and delegate this task to our company. BESTWritingHELP.org is the best online original essay writing service that you could ever find on the Internet. We employ only the most experienced and professional writers who can provide creative tasks of high quality. Feel free to contact us should you need any writing help. There is no better service than BESTWritingHELP.org.