The history of the NBA is really rich and abundant as it can boast of 68 years of brilliant performance with its prospective players and impressive match organization. Throughout its history, there were ups and downs, but some players won their special niche in the NBA.
Therefore, in this article, we will present you the list of the greatest and well-known players in NBA history
- Michael Jordan
- Undoubtedly, almost everyone in the world knows Jordan as the greatest basketball player ever. As a matter of fact, there are good reasons for that. Jordan is the kind of a basketball player who accomplished all the possible successes in the game. No doubt that he is real Chicago Bulls legend.
- Bill Russell
- It was Russell who brought the Boston Celtics to the record number of 11 NBA championships. People know him as the greatest defender in the history of the NBA.
- Magic Johnson
- From the very beginning of his career, Magic Johnson got an excellent reputation. He can boast of his 14-year career, where he amassed all selections of the NBA league.
- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
- In terms of consistent play, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar was there before Tim Duncan. This player is really great as he was able to maintain averages while competing for 20 seasons.
- Larry Bird
- Although we can’t regard Bird as the most athletic player, nonetheless, he is surely one of the most dominant ones. His great skills and basketball IQ, in general, have made him really well-known in his 13-year career.
- James LeBron
- With only 10 sessions that LeBron has played in his whole career in the NBA, he has already one of the greatest players of all times. Usually referred to as “King James”, he has already developed into a two-way player.
- Wilt Chamberlain
- This player is probably the second one after Shaquille O’Neil in terms of dominant play, and is thus widely acknowledged in the NBA league.
- Tim Duncan
- Actually, he is one of the most stable and consecutive players. Judging from the statistics of his play over the years, there is not much variation. He is among those NBA superstars who were selected into 14 All-NBA and all-defensive teams.
- Shaquille O’Neal
- O’Neal is probably one of the most dominant players of all times. Besides, he was infamous for his way of brutalizing defenders. O’Neal played in the Los Angeles Lakers and helped the team to win three consecutive championships.
- Hakeem Olajuwon
- With his famous “Dream Shake” move, he abused many defenders on the field. Fans and authority call Olajuwon one of the most skilled basketball players in the history of the NBA. Apart from playing in offence, he also played as a defender, and many of other players looked up to him.
Shortly, this was a brief list of the most successful basketball players of the NBA league, whom we can deservedly call real legends.